1. How and What Personal Information do we collect?
Most of the information we collect is directly from you via the Website. We collect and process information when you:
- Register and sign up online for creating an account on the Website and choose a subscription plan.
- Provide information in your buyer/seller/expert account.
- Offer your products or services or provide information regarding you, your organization or institution
- List job or internship opportunities on or through the Website
- Browse/ Shop for products/services on our Website
- Search for job or internship opportunities through the Website
- Place an order through our Website
- Make a purchase or sale on the Website
- Sign up to receive email offers from us
- Post queries or request information on our Website
- Participate in the knowledge sharing forum/blog/innovation portal/ collaborative form on the Website
- Browse the KITE page on social media platforms
- Provide or rate reviews
- Employ Product Availability Alerts , such as Available to Order Notifications.
- Submit user-generated content on any part of the Website that permit it.
- Communicate with us by phone, email, or through the support chatbot option on the Website
- Knowingly volunteer information on any other part of the Website (e.g, submit a job/volunteer application, etc.).
The Personal Information we collect may include the following:
- Basic personal information which includes your name, the university, institution or organization you represent, etc.
- Contact information including your email address, phone number
- Trademark, copyright and other intellectual property related information that you provide in relation to your product or service on the Website
- Details of the machinery and other products you list on the Website including their make, certifications, compliance with safety standards etc
- Your past/present clientele, the safety and quality standards your entity/organization/products adhere to such as ISO standards
- Your qualifications, expertise, previous work experience and other details you provide when you list or request job or internship opportunities or as an expert
- Payment and billing information, bank account numbers and related details to facilitate sale or purchase through the website
- Conversations and correspondence between you and the representatives of the Website may also be recorded or collected and stored
- Any other materials you willingly submit to us such as feedback, images, listings, etc
We also collect non-personal information, which is information that does not exclusively identify you but is related to you nonetheless such as, information about your interests, demographics (e.g., age, gender, postal code) and use of the Website.
We may also collect Personal Information about you indirectly from other sources such as public databases, our joint marketing partners and social media sites. Information which we may indirectly collect include:
- Device information, your browser type, browser operating system, IP address
- Usage information which includes log files, clickstream data, a history of the pages you view, your search terms, search result user behaviour pattern, number of sessions and unique visitors,
Once you register on the Website by subscribing, the user is no longer anonymous to us and all the information provided by you shall be stored, possessed in order to provide you with the requested products/services/job or internship opportunities or such other details that you may request on the Website and as may be required and for other reasons provided more fully in section 2 below.
You can choose not to provide us with your Personal Information. However, without creating an account and providing information, you may not be able to take advantage of the features on the Website, including browsing or listing products/services/opportunities.
If you are uncertain about what information is to be mandatorily provided, you may contact us at:
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Details : Advanced Manufacturing Technology Development Centre
Phone: 0440-66469825 / 044-48513701 / 9884792021
Time: Monday to Saturday [ 9 AM - 6 PM IST]
We act in the capacity of a data processor in situations when you submit Personal Information through the Website. We do not own, control, or make decisions about the submitted Personal Information except as set out in this Policy, and your Personal Information is processed only in accordance with your instructions or consent. In such instances, the User providing Personal Information acts as a data controller in terms of the GDPR.
2. Use and process of Personal Information
In order to make the Website available to you, or to meet a legal obligation, we may need to collect and use certain Personal Information. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the requested products or services. Any of the information we collect from you may be used on the basis of (i) the performance of your contract with us and for provision of our services (ii) your consent [where we request it] or (iii) our legitimate interests. We may use your information for the following performances:
- Provide your details to persons, entities, organizations and institutions browsing for the products/services/opportunities you provide
- Provide your details to persons, entities, organizations and institutions providing the products/services/opportunities [vendors/service providers] you browse for
- List the products, services and opportunities that you offer on the Website
- Display your information to potential vendors/service providers/buyers/employees/collaborators
- Send marketing and promotional communications including newsletters, offers and promotions for our products and services, third party products and services, or special events by email or another medium.
- Personalize content and experiences on our Website and within emails sent to you, including providing you recommendations/displaying content based on your browsing patterns and preferences.
- Send product and service updates
- Send updates regarding job vacancies and internship listings
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve our services, to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of our services
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us, to confirm your registration on our Website and send you information about features on our Website
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies.
- Serve you targeted advertising, both on our Website and elsewhere online, based on information we previously collected from you, including your activity on the Website or activity on third party sites and applications.
- Administer contests, price draws, promotions, and surveys.
- Respond to inquiries and offer support
- Request user feedback
- Optimize and improve our services and user experience
- Post customer or user testimonials
- Enforce terms and conditions and policies
- Protect from abuse and malicious users
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- Respond to legal requests and prevent harm
- Run and operate the Website and Services
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Website and recipients of our emails, including browsing and purchasing patterns.
Please note that rules regulating collection and processing of Personal Information vary depending on the country you are from. We will be happy to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and whether the provision of Personal Information is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into the contract.
3. Who we may share your Information with?
In connection with the purposes and on the lawful grounds described above, we may share your personal information with the following parties:
- If you are a vendor/service provider, your information may be shared with any user whose keywords in their search relate to the goods and services listed by you, potential buyers/parties wishing to avail services
- If you are a buyer/party wishing to avail services, your information may be shared with potential vendors/service providers
- If you browse for internship or job opportunities, webinars and courses, your information will be shared with potential employers/mentors/ resource persons
- If you are a mentor/organization listing opportunities, your/your organization’s information may be shared with students or potential employees browsing for opportunities in your field
- If you post on our forums/blogs, your information may be shared with academicians, innovators, entrepreneurs, students, industry partners and others who access our Website
- If you post or participate in any podcasts displayed on the Website or deliver any webinar through the Website, your information such as expertise and qualifications may be shared with the viewers/listeners
- Third parties we work with to render our services (including for example, hosting or operating the website and our databases, site analytics, delivery of member benefits, fulfilling orders for products, processing payments, providing customer service, etc). These third-party service providers have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Any selected third party that you consent to our sharing your information with for marketing purposes;
- Any other third parties (including legal or other advisors, regulatory authorities, courts and government agencies) where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
- In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition by any entity, or sale of all or a portion of our assets to any entity, we may transfer and share your Personal Information as part of the assets transferred.
We require third parties to maintain appropriate security to protect your information from unauthorised access or processing.
Please keep in mind that whenever a user posts personal and business information on the Website, the same becomes accessible to the public/other users on the Website and the users may receive messages/emails from visitors/registered users of the Website.
4. Information you can access
Examples of information you can access include:
- personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, contact number and address);
- payment settings (including payment card information and promotional codes);
- email notification settings (Availability Alerts, Special Reminders and newsletters);
- recommendations and the products/services/opportunities you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations;
- your content, devices, services, and related settings, and communications and personalized advertising preferences;
- Your Profile (including your products and services listed/availed, reviews, blogposts, podcasts, webinars, recommendations and personal profile);
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information on how you can reject cookies, please check the "Help" section of your internet browser. Alternatively, you may also visit https://www.aboutcookies.org to understand what cookies are and how to disable cookies. Please note that, if you choose to set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access all the functions of the website.
6. Social media features
7. Payment processing
In case of services requiring payment, you may need to provide your credit card details or other payment account information, which will be used solely for processing payments. We use third-party payment processors ("Payment Processors") to assist us in processing your payment information securely. Payment Processors adhere to security standards. Sensitive and private data exchange happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. The Website is also in compliance with strict vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users. We will share payment data with the Payment Processors only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding such payments, and dealing with complaints and queries related to such payments and refunds.
Please note that the Payment Processors may collect some Personal Information from you, which allows them to process your payments (such as your email address, postal address, credit card details, and bank account number) and handle all the steps in the payment process through their systems, including data collection and data processing. The Payment Processors’ use of your Personal Information is governed by their respective privacy policies which may or may not contain privacy protections as protective as this Policy. We suggest that you review their respective privacy policies.
8. Privacy of Children
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any Personal Information through the Website and Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided Personal Information to us through the Website, please contact us to request that we delete that child’s Personal Information from our Services.
We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide Personal Information through the Website without their permission. We also ask that all parents and legal guardians overseeing the care of children take the necessary precautions to ensure that their children are instructed to never give out Personal Information when online without their permission.
9. Rights available to you
The rights available to you may vary depending on your countries and the laws in place for data protection. You may broadly have the following rights [which are however not recognized in certain countries]:
- Right to access your Personal Information
- Right to correction of the Personal Information we have collected about you
- Right to request deletion of your Personal Information
- Right to protection of your Personal Information
- Right to withdraw consent provided by you earlier for us to collect your Personal Information
- Right to data portability
- Right to learn if Personal Information is being processed, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing, and obtain a copy of the Personal Information undergoing processing.
- Right to Opt Out of sharing of Personal Information
- Right to be forgotten
Please be informed that the exact rights available depend on the laws and regulations in effect in your country and you are advised to refer to the local laws to ascertain the same. You may also write to us at email@example.com if you need assistance with whether certain rights are available to you.
10. How can you or your organization exercise your rights?
Any requests to exercise your/your organization’s rights can be directed to us through the contact details provided in this Policy. We may request you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Please note that your request must provide sufficient information that allows us to verify that you are the person you are claiming to be or that you are the authorized representative of such person. If we receive your request from an authorized representative, we may request evidence that you have provided such an authorized representative with power of attorney or that the authorized representative otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests on your behalf. You must also include sufficient details to allow us to properly understand the request and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information unless we first verify your identity or authority to make such a request and confirm that the Personal Information relates to you.
11. Retention of information
We will retain and use your Personal Information for the period necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our agreements, resolve disputes, and unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. Once the retention period expires, Personal Information shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification, and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.
12. How to opt out
You may always opt-out of receiving future commercial emails and newsletters from us. We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link within the email you receive. You may also opt out of receiving further communications from us or correct your information by sending us an email at Remove My Account. Please note that your request not to receive unsolicited commercial emails from us will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us, even if you opt out of receiving unsolicited commercial messages.
It is made clear that KITE DOES NOT provide any warranty or representations regarding the information provided on the Website including but not limited to representations on genuineness or accuracy of information provided by other users, or safety of your information once you share it with other users.
The KITE platform has been created in good faith to enable collaboration between vendors, buyers, service providers and receivers, academicians, students, mentors and industry partners. KITE does not moderate the information provided on the Website and we recommend that you exercise due diligence while dealing with other users on the Website. We also recommend that you refrain from sharing your password, bank transaction credentials and other sensitive credentials to other users on the Website.
14. Identity Theft
There may be instances when you receive a seemingly legitimate looking e-mail asking for your personal information u such as your website login password and id or your credit card details. Please note that KITE will never ask for such information from you through email. Such activities carried on by unauthorized individuals are illegal and termed phishing or identity theft. In case of any suspicion of such activity, we advise you to not respond to such mail and to take such action as you see fit.
15. Changes to This Policy
16. Governing law and jurisdiction
17. Liability: Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, the total liability of the Company in relation to this policy shall not exceed Rs. 1000/-.
18. How to contact us
Grievance Officer: Prof N Ramesh Babu
106, Manufacturing Engineering Section (Ranganathan Building)
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Chennai – 600 036
Phone: +91-44- 4202 2629 / 6646 9825
If you have any questions about this Policy or other privacy concerns, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Compliance Officer: Prof N Ramesh Babu
The Grievance officer is identified above pursuant to the provisions of the applicable laws including but not limited to the Information Technology Act 2000 and the rules enacted thereunder as may be amended from time to time.